Mushrooms and Prawns on Toast with Serrano Ham
This is a very easy dish to make, and has a lovely balance of sweet, salt and savoury flavours.
- In a wok or frying pan, heat the oil over a medium heat and add the garlic.
- Fry for 1 minute, and before it turns golden, add the mushrooms and the thyme, so they sauté quickly. Season with salt and pepper.
- In the meantime, toast the bread.
- When the mushrooms start to turn brown, add the prawns followed by the wine. Cook until the prawns have turned pink and the wine reduced a little – about 2–3 minutes.
- Put the toasted bread onto 4 warmed plates; divide the mixture over the bread.
- Scatter the diced ham and parsley over the top and serve immediately.
(Picture courtesy and copyright of the amazing Vladimir Studenic)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 350g mixed seasonal mushrooms
- 1 sprig of thyme, leaves only
- 4 slices of good quality bread
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 16 raw prawns, peeled
- 4 tablespoons dry white wine
- 75g good quality Serrano ham, diced into small cubes
- 5 sprigs of flat-leaf parsley, chopped