- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 500g cooking chorizo (spicy or mild)
- 1/2 red onion or 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 150ml red wine
- 2 sprigs lemon thyme
- 250ml chicken or vegetable stock, warmed
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to pan, then cook chorizo. Stir continuously for 10 minutes on a low heat.
- Add red onion, garlic and thyme and turn up the heat to medium.
- Once caramelised, add good quality red wine and leave to reduce on a medium heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Add chicken or vegetable stock and leave to reduce for 5 minutes then take off the heat.
- Roughly chop a handful of parsley and add to the pan along with a drizzle of olive oil.